California Quitclaim Deed - Frequently Asked Questions

California quit claim deed

Legal Questions

Many people have situations that are specific to them. It is important for you to get an answer to your personal questions.
We respect your privacy and therefore suggest that you ask your questions by typing them into the box below.

FAQ - with - ANSWERS

Any document affecting title to real property that is authorized or required by law to be recorded. This includes such documents as California Quitclaim Deeds, grant deeds, deeds of trust, mechanic's liens, tax liens, and a deed of reconveyance. The recording requirements are established by California statutes.
To record a document you may mail the document to your county recorder's office along with the appropriate fees. Alternatively, you may come in person to your recorder's office during business hours.
The short answer is NO; Recorder personnel are forbidden by California legal codes to practice law, which includes advising what forms are needed, how to fill them out, or giving any other legal advice.
Any original document, either submitted in person or by mail, must include a "Return to" mailing address to be accepted for recording. The original document is mailed back to the address placed on the document.